The 2015 Ralph Solano Memorial Exhibit and Sale was on display at the Old Pass Art Gallery in Raton, New Mexico from April 1 through April 30. The awards reception was held on April 10.
The show is open to anyone and each year artwork is submitted by professional photographers, journalists and writers, amateurs, and camera enthusiasts. This year’s entrants came from throughout the region including Raton, Des Moines, Springer, and Maxwell, and from as far away as Pueblo West, Colorado. The full list of ribbon-winning photographers and pictures of this year’s show are posted below.
This photo was awarded Second Place in the Digitally Enhanced category.
All of the above photographs are available For Immediate Sale, framed and ready to hang. Alternatively, any of these images can be re-printed to a variety of sizes, or even re-cropped if necessary to fit a particular frame. Contact.
Complete Show Results
With admiration to the photographers, thanks to the Old Pass Gallery for their continued support of photography (and for the nice reception), and a special thank you to the Solano family who volunteer each year as judges, these are the ribbon winners from 2015:
This year’s show featured a special exhibition from the CDD (Citizens for the Developmentally Disabled, Inc.) Photography Club.
- First Place, Nita Brattan, “One Horned Buck”
- Second Place, Shelly Pesikan, “Rangers Legacy”
- Honorable Mention, James A. Vigil, “Great Nephew”
- First Place, Joseph L. Klune, “Salida Taxis”
- Second Place, Joseph L. Klune, “Georgia On My Mind”
- Honorable Mention, Joseph L. Klune, “When the Next Teardrop Falls”
Digital – Realism category:
- First Place, Wayne Armacost, “Enchantment”
- Second Place, Terry Czapiewski, “Take Me There / Wagon Mound”
- Honorable Mention, Carlos Casados, “Mouse On My Nose”
Digital – Enhanced category:
- First Place, Leann Wilkins, “Who Do You See?”
- Second Place, Bob Wick, “Exaggerated”
- Honorable Mention, Leann Wilkins, “Marching On, One By One”
Best of Show
The Best Of Show ribbon was awarded to Joseph L. Klune for his film photo, “Salida Taxis.”
Congratulations to Carlos Casados on the sale of his stunning photograph of a bull elk. It was the only photograph to sell in this year’s show.