House Fire on N 5th Street


A small historic wood frame home on the 400 block of N 5th Street in Raton caught fire late in the afternoon on Saturday, September 21, 2014.  Neighbors who were the first to see the fire took cell phone pics showing large flames engulfing the entire front of the house.  I arrived after the firemen had the flames under control, were cutting an access hole into the attic, and were preparing to enter through the front door.  According to the Raton Comet, no one was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.

One of my photos was selected by the Raton Comet to accompany their article, and six additional photos are presented here.